The Aney brothers were busy men in and around Peever in the early years and on into the forties
where the younger ones were remembered by some of us.Rueben and Allan had a hog farm on the north side of town
and also a few cows. They had a livery barn that stood on the vacant lot to the east of the new community center
in the time when livery barns were needed. Otis (O.R) and his wife Amelia operated the Palace Hotel and the store
that stood to the north of the M. Opitz building which is now Chars Cafe.
THE PALACE HOTEL
Located on the east side of Peever main street next to M. Opitz building
Amelia (Stewart) and Otis Aney married on June 22, 1892 in Lake Township,SD