PHOTO FROM THE CLARENCE HUNTER FAMILY
TAKEN THE DAY OF CLARENCE AND MARGARETE'S
BELOW IS A PICTURE OF SOME METHODIST WOMEN DRESSED
UP FOR A PLAY AT THE CHURCH. THOUGHT TO BE LATE 1930'S.
LEFT TO RIGHT: GRACE BAILLY, MRS. LESLIE, MRS. AL PIERSON,
MRS. GREENO, MRS. ANEY, HELEN HEGNA, GRACIE LAING,
AND MRS. ALBERT NIELSEN
Photo from Lillian Erickson
PEEVER BIBLE FELLOWSHIP CHURCH
FROM THE PEEVER PILOT..AUG. 1904
"There is need of a church edifice in Peever and we believe that if the matter is taken hold of by some good hustler that enough money could be pledged to erect a church. We understand that the town site proprietors have signified their willingness to donate a lot. When the band was organized our public spirited citizens were not long in pledging a hundred dollars, and if given the opportunity to show their liberality in the erection of a church we believe they will respond with many shekels of gold and silver."
This church was organized on May 4, 1903 and was the first one built in Peever.....1905 or 06. One of the promoters of the congregation was Charley Nelson who moved to Peever from a farm west of Sisseton in the fall of 1904. The first minister was was Rev. Louis Lane of Wilmot.
The members were: Charles Nelson, S. H. Malm, H.C. Kurrasch, Myrtle and Beulah Hensell, Miss Fareman, Alfred Nelson, C.A. Strait, Murrays, G.W. Aney, Rueben Aney, S.H. Renville, P.E. Laing, Chas. Rodeen, Tom Richards, John Fredrick, A. M. Anderson, John Bailly, Marge Bailly, Vern Gardner, A.L. Nielsen, C. Van Tassels, Ben Bassetts, and A.T. Pierson.
The present pastor is Rev. Paul Osborne.
On May 4th of 1997 the ground breaking ceremony was held for the new church. The building throughout that year was done by much volunteer work. In September of 1998 the congregation moved into their new building. It is a lovely facility and a testimony to what a few determined people can accomplish with the help of God.
BIBLE FELLOWSHIP CHURCH
Photo by V.H.